Delve under the skin of this non-dogmatic, anatomy loving teacher, into a world of ultramarthons, legal training, boxing rings and international yoga teaching....
Teaching in top yoga studios and exclusive settings across London, every week, Adam Husler is one of the city’s most in demand yoga teachers. Combine this with an international workshop, event, conference and retreat teaching schedule that, in 2018, will take him from Sri Lanka to Tuscany, Bulgaria to Sweden, along with plenty of destinations beyond, Adam is one of the busiest teachers on the yoga scene. It’s fortunate that students can bring him to their lounge via multiple online platforms.
With a eclectic background including boxing, ultramarathons, a law degree and over 10 years on a yoga mat, Adam brings a unique perspective to his non-dogmatic yoga teaching . A teacher for those that want to gain understanding of their bodies, Adam’s classes feature: intelligent alignment, anatomical precision and creative sequencing that give more significance to mobility rather than flexibility. Having studied yoga asana and movement from world leaders including, Jason Crandell and Cameron Shayne, Adam has also had the privilege of studying meditation and mindfulness under the renowned, late, Michael Stone.
Through ties with brands including Design Museum, Adidas, eBay, Boys of Yoga, OHMME, Manduka, National Geographic,and the Evening Standard, Adam has been able to build a global audience, from which to encourage more people to roll out a yoga mat for the first time and experienced practitioners to do so with more anatomical awareness.
Adam's Yoga Teaching
Adam’s creatively sequenced classes feature long holds, controlled yet dynamic movements, intelligent alignment, anatomical precision and a focus on integrity, over depth, in postures. They’re also dogma free!
Each week Adam builds a new sequence with a particular anatomical theme, so prepare to be kept on your toes and you explore mobility, flexibility and strength. Every asana and variation has a rationale in the the context of each sequence, so feel free to ask Adam ‘why?’ Adam seeks to remind all that an asana practice is a very subjective experience, and whether you are a yoga teacher or new to the practice, there’ll be plenty of options to challenge all.
Raised in Birmingham, Adam found his way north to the chilly hills of Durham to continue a path to a lucrative legal career, but legal books soon got put aside and Adam began to work with underprivileged teens, in various in schools and young offenders institutions. After a brief post-universty sabbatical, running a bar and walking the width of Spain, Adam turned working with young people in to a career, with highlights including :
- Managing 2 brand new youth-hubs and event spaces in Central London, including theatre, recording studios, commercial catering business, event space, gym, dance studios and more.
- Setting up and delivering programmes for hundreds of young people as part of the National Citizen Service, with The Challenge
- Specialising in Youth Leadership and Life Coaching for 13-25 year olds with Changemakers, with clients including Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital
8 irrelevant, but debatably interesting things about adam
- Agreed to run 5 marathons and an 100km ultramarathon in 3 months, finishing it with very bold tan lines
- Has a black belt in shotokan karate.
- Physically 'peaked' as a 110kg weight lifter with mutton chops
- Has taken his youth work internationally to the likes of Nepal and Hounduras
- Has a green tea cupboard. You're invited over.
- Used to get paid to dress as Mertle the Turtle and Shakey the Shark
- Broke his foot in January 2017
- Was briefly the face of Samsung Portugal. He's not Portuguese.